Amazing GOOP Marine has the same toughness, strength and versatility as our other GOOP products but is specially formulated to be UV resistant. It's perfect for outdoor applications on items that will be exposed to sunlight, water or extreme temperatures. Easily bonds to vinyl, rubber, metal, glass, wood and more!
- Strongest, most versatile adhesive available
- UV resistant – resists yellowing and cracking
- Paintable once cured
- Use indoors or out
- Temperature resistant – remains flexible, even in extreme temperatures
- Dries clear
- Abrasion resistant – great for bonding items subject to vibration
- Waterproof – bond remains secure even when exposed to water
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFE USE
Follow these step-by-step directions when using Amazing GOOP Marine:
Read directions and test small area before use.
1. Surface should be clean, dry, and free from dirt. For best results, roughen surface before use.
2. Puncture seal in neck of tube using pointer cap. Product can be used between 50 and 90 °F (10 and 32 °C). However, fully cured adhesive can withstand temperatures from -40 to 180 °F (-40 to 82 °C) intermittently.
3. Apply directly to each surface to be bonded or repaired. Allow to partially cure approximately 2 minutes before mating surfaces. Hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive-coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact.
4. Allow repair to cure for 24 hours. Depending on materials and temperature, maximum strength may not be reached for 48 to 72 hours.
5. For future easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
6. Clean uncured adhesive with acetone or citrus-based solvents. Cured material may be removed by cutting or scraping.
How long does Amazing GOOP Marine take to dry?
A full cure takes 24 to 72 hours, depending on the surrounding environment. With lower temperatures and higher humidity, cure time increases; with higher temperatures, cure time decreases. To speed drying time, apply heat using a handheld dryer set on low. Hold dryer at least 6 inches from the surface.
How can Amazing GOOP Marine be cleaned up?
Small amounts of acetone or citrus-based solvents may be used on uncured adhesive; the adhesive will ball up and brush off. Cured adhesive may be removed by cutting or scraping.
Is Amazing GOOP Marine water resistant?
Yes. Amazing GOOP Marine is water resistant immediately upon application. Apply Amazing GOOP Marine directly to the surface to be sealed. Use thin coats of Amazing GOOP Marine to build a thick coating on the surface to be sealed, allowing each layer to set 3 to 4 hours. This is especially ideal for smooth surfaces, such as plastic, glass or ceramic. Amazing GOOP Marine hardens by solvent evaporation, so allow time for thorough hardening to ensure proper bonding and wear resistance.
What temperature range does Amazing GOOP Marine withstand?
Amazing GOOP Marine is best when applied in temperatures ranging from 50 °F to 90 °F (10 °C to 32 °C). (Note: Amazing GOOP Marine can be applied outside this temperature range, but cure time may increase significantly.) Once cured, Amazing GOOP Marine can withstand temperatures between -40 °F and 180 °F (-40 °C to 82 °C).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.