Shop Our Art Sets For Kids And Introduce Them To A World Of Creativity!
It's a well-known fact that painting with kids is a fantastic way to nurture their developmental skills and encourage them to express their emotions and ideas. Not only is painting relaxing and fun for kids, it helps them to understand colour and patterns, while giving them a boost of self-confidence and achievement in creating a work that is their own.
Riot Art & Craft have all of the high-quality art supplies and art sets for kids you'll need to entertain the little ones all day long! We've got brilliant poster paints that are bright, non-toxic and washable by trusted brands like Tim & Tess, along with foam brushes, paint pots, activity easels, paper and canvases to paint on.
Our kids art supplies also make a great gift for friends or family with kids who are showing signs of being a little artist and want to take their explorations further!
Essentials You Must Have!
In order to make your crafternoon with the kids as fun and productive as it can be, make sure you stock up on some essential items beforehand to keep things running smoothly. We've got all of the latest art supplies and craft materials that you'll find yourself reaching for time and time again. Start out with:
1. A paint set for kids. We've got poster paint sets, paint brush and roller sets and stamp sets for adding texture and interest
2. Painting surface - try canvas, paper, foam, wood, clay or plastic
3. Pencils and colored pencils like our sets from The Art Studio
4. Eraser and sharpener
5. Paint pots and water pots
6. Easel for painting canvases
7. Art smock to prevent spills on clothes
8. Glue and safety scissors
9. Embellishments, like pompoms, glitter and felt
Different Paints For Kids
Before you start painting with kids, you should understand the different types of paints they can use and which surfaces work best for each one. For young kids, it's best to always use a safe, non-toxic paint that's suitable for children without any of the chemicals you may find in professional grade paints. The most common kids paints include:
1. Poster Paint - The most commonly used paint for young kids is poster paint. It's non-toxic, easy to wash off, quick to dry, brightly coloured and has a thick texture. It can be used on many surfaces, including paper, canvas, wood, plastic, Styrofoam, cardboard and fabric.
2. Finger Paint - This is a great option for babies and toddlers. It's non-toxic and suitable for blending, smearing and dotting with fingertips. It's also easy to clean off skin and surfaces!
3. Watercolours - Advance your little artist's skills with some watercolour paints. Kids will love mixing the paint with water and watching it bloom beautifully across watercolour paper in unexpected patterns.
4. Acrylic Paint - For older kids, acrylics are a great choice. They're fast-drying, available in countless colours and can be applied to many surfaces thickly or thinned down with water.
Painting Supplies And Accessories For Beginners
If you've got a little one who's just starting to show an interest in craft projects and art activities, painting can be an excellent way to encourage them to explore their creativity further.
An art kit is a cost-effective and convenient choice when it comes to getting them started. Our art sets for kids contain all of the necessary basics you'll need to help them with their first project. We've got Tim & Tess poster paint sets in bold colours and glittery shades for mixing and blending, as well as paintbrush sets, fun sponge brush and stamp sets and rolling pin sets to create interesting textures and patterns on paper and canvas.
For The Little Professional Artists
When you think you've got a budding Picasso on your hands, it's time to take it up a level! Spoil them with our range of quality art supplies and craft materials so that they can continue to explore and expand their skills and talent.
If you want to add a little something deluxe to your kids’ next painting project then have a look at our range of Tim & Tess scratch n smell washable paints. Like the old fashioned scratch n sniff stickers these paints are sure to excite and will keep the kids entertained for hours on end. They come in a range of colours and flavours including chocolate, grape, apple, strawberry, and blueberry.
Shop our range of acrylic paint and paint sets in basic and neon, activity easels and watercolor paint sets with 12 colours, watercolour paper, paintbrushes and palette.
For kids who love to draw and doodle on mixed media projects, explore our selection of drawing pads, sketchbooks, markers and pastels.
Shopping Online Is Easy and Convenient
Riot Art & Craft are your number one online source for the best art brands at the most affordable prices. We've got art sets and accessories for kids to suit any skill level and project. Shop our range of poster paints in bold, pastel and glitter shades, sponge rollers, brushes, easels, drawing pens, pencils, markers and crayons by trusted brands such as Tim & Tess and Crayola.
Enjoy Afterpay and free delivery to your doorstep over $70 for all orders Australia-wide!
DIY Art Projects
There's nothing kids love more than to stick things onto other things and add a whole lot of colour and texture to their projects! We've got all of the craft supplies and craft kits you'll need to fire their imagination and take their work to the next level. Try these projects:
1. Use stencils and templates to create fun designs on canvas, paper and fabric, like dragons, animals and their favourite Disney characters
2. Use sidewalk chalk to add colour to blackboards or your driveway
3. Try some paper craft and explore our pattern paper for origami
4. Use stickers, paint, crayons, pompoms, sequins and more to make cards for special occasions like birthdays, Christmas and Easter
Teaching Creativity To The Kids
Introducing your child to the amazing world of art and craft is one of the greatest gifts you can give them. Being creative has been known to help children develop their motor skills, express their ideas and emotions and gain a real sense of accomplishment with every project.
Get them started today with our extensive range of art sets for kids and craft accessories to make them shine, shake and stand out from the crowd!
FAQs About Art Sets For Kids
What Are The Basic Materials Of Painting With Kids?
Whether you're a parent, teacher or carer, painting with kids is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences you can embark upon. Gather some basic materials first to ensure you have everything you need to nurture their creativity:
1. Poster paint
3. Project paper
4. Paintbrushes, foam brushes and rollers
5. Pencils, pens and crayons
6. Paint pots and water pots
7. Kids art smock
What Are The Essential Art Supplies?
Before you and your little one start a fun crafternoon together, make sure you have the right tools and materials you'll need to create something special. Stock up on these essential items:
1. Poster paint
2. Paper or canvas
3. Paintbrushes and assorted foam rollers
4. Water pot
5. Paint pot for holding paint and mixing colours
6. Kids art smock
7. Embellishments for decoration
Which Things Are Used In Painting?
Aside from your basic poster paints, brushes and painting surfaces, there's an endless amount of things kids can add to their paintings to give them an extra lift and make them stand out. Try these craft supplies:
1. Pipe cleaners
2. Googly eyes
6. Foam sheets
What Paints Are Safe For A Toddler?
When introducing your toddler to the exciting world of painting, babies that are one year old and up should be using poster paint for all of their art and craft projects. Our Tim & Tess poster paint is specially made for little fingers and is:
3. Bright and colourful
5. Fun and easy to apply and blend